• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

GettingJob Need advice ASAP

I have had two job interviews this week. The first interview was with a company that I have been waiting to hear from since January and is my ideal job. Remote coding, 6 week training period, coding a variety of specialties and lots of career paths within the company. The second interview was with a physicians group mostly coding RAF and primary care. Also would be a great start...downside is that it is an hour commute which would be a huge challenge and require a lot of shuffling within our family dynamics. The second interview offered me the job on the spot and I was honest with her and told her I was waiting to hear from another company and that the commute concerned me. She was very understanding and told me to take my time.

My husband thinks I should call the first company and let them know and see if they will speed up their decision process, but I am afraid that they will say great glad you found a job. I know they are not lacking for applicants and I don't want to come across ungrateful that I have a job offer. The interview went very well and when I initially sent my application in they called me back within a few hours and talked to me for 30 minutes but at that time they were not hiring.

I have wanted a job in coding but honestly don't know if now is the right time for my family for me to take a job that requires me to be at work 40 hours plus an additional 10 hours of commute time but I also know that jobs are hard to find!!

What would you do?

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
I agree with your husband. Call the job you want and see what the status is. Be honest that you were offered another job but you really feel you'd be a great fit with them instead. You never know unless you ask.

Update, I called back and left a message with the person I interviewed with and asked if they could call me back. She called back within 30 minutes and I explained my situation and asked if they were still on track to make a decision by April 12th. She informed me that they had made thier decisions and I was on the list to get a call form HR with a job offer on Monday and asked if I could hold on until Monday! I am so excited!!!!

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Good for you - keep us posted!

Michele

CPC
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
Update, I called back and left a message with the person I interviewed with and asked if they could call me back. She called back within 30 minutes and I explained my situation and asked if they were still on track to make a decision by April 12th. She informed me that they had made thier decisions and I was on the list to get a call form HR with a job offer on Monday and asked if I could hold on until Monday! I am so excited!!!!
Can you give us an update yet Becky? I love happy endings and hope this will be one.